To realize the vision, the Board has established its mission as the followings:
- To support GON plan to cut down children’s death rate by two-third by the year 2015.
- To be a leader in the field of quality child health education, training and research within the region.
- To develop professional exchange programs with other like-minded child health institutes within or outside the region.
- To exchange experience and knowledge with regional, zonal district hospitals and health centers on trainings and research.
- To provide expertise to government for the development of children’s hospital in the country.
- To set up a standard in children’s hospital within the country.